Happy 2013 peeps!!
Firstly, yes I am back to blogging again (probably not for good) and I thought 2013 shall be a good year to start it off. Since I am going for a change, I have also switched to a new url to start everything from afresh. Note that I do still have my old blog post with me for some purpose, for I just never want to remove them all. Anyway, I will need more time trying out new stuff and fiddling with a whole new dashboard, widgets and what not since I’ve never been friendly with blogging for a long time since. I shall also try to update as frequent as I am capable to.
Next, many of you would have known that I’ve flown off to London and in fact, I already settled down much comfortably here for the last 4.5 months. Coming all the way to UK has been the biggest decision I’ve ever made, considering the fact that I am here under the sponsorship of my uncle. Frankly, not everyone back then supported my decision for reasons but it has always been a dream of mine to be able to study abroad some day. Yes, somehow I did hesitate a little thinking that this may not be the right time to pack my bags and leave just yet … but the thought of experiencing something so new, venturing into a whole different continent and seeing for myself everything I have thus far pictured in my head is way too alluring. The fact that I am now in the country of the whites, adapting to the western cultures and spending my first wintertime is all too surreal. Truth is, I can never express all the exact feelings that I’m filled with and just for the sake of sharing, I was ecstatic! thankful! overwhelmed! in short. :)
Like many instances I had had leaving home for either short or a long while, nothing beats the warmth and the comfort at home (and food nonetheless). However, everyone is bound to go away from home some day and I believe it is essentially a growing-up process, regardless of the distance. Only when one moves away from the very comfort zone, that he or she will learn things through the hard way in order to understand how it feels like going through rough patches. More importantly, it is not about losing the root of my existence but instead to enrich my living experience, and then to realize how amazing it feels like to step home again after every adventure.
It is still a wonder to me that many of my friends/relatives never seem to know the programme that I enrolled for, despite the fact that I have been repeating it countless of times before and after I got accepted in QM. It gets more and more vexing when people keep asking the same questions over and over again haha ( seriously, don’t ask if you are never gonna remember it! ). Just kidding ~ Then again, why would anybody care ^o^
Like many instances I had had leaving home for either short or a long while, nothing beats the warmth and the comfort at home (and food nonetheless). However, everyone is bound to go away from home some day and I believe it is essentially a growing-up process, regardless of the distance. Only when one moves away from the very comfort zone, that he or she will learn things through the hard way in order to understand how it feels like going through rough patches. More importantly, it is not about losing the root of my existence but instead to enrich my living experience, and then to realize how amazing it feels like to step home again after every adventure.
It is still a wonder to me that many of my friends/relatives never seem to know the programme that I enrolled for, despite the fact that I have been repeating it countless of times before and after I got accepted in QM. It gets more and more vexing when people keep asking the same questions over and over again haha ( seriously, don’t ask if you are never gonna remember it! ). Just kidding ~ Then again, why would anybody care ^o^
Lastly, Chinese New Year is around the corner and obviously I won’t be there to celebrate it with my loved ones (what a bummer). Sadly, I am missing all the good food and good vibes back home but I am sure everyone will still kill the day all the same like the years before with much joy and laughter and jolly good festive spirit! Even I get so hyped knowing that all of them are getting prepared for the big day next month. I wonder if anyone will still distribute angpow to me in my absence ;X
This is a pretty lengthy post for a first. I shall end it here.
Will keep everyone posted of future events and whatsoever that interests me at all.
0 comments:
Post a Comment